UPDATE FROM UKGC - 6TH EDITION OF THE INDUSTRY CODE OF RESPONSIBLE ADVERTISING IN GAMBLING
Hi, Hey, Hello,
We know, another UK update newsletter... however this in a very important one, please make sure you read through it.
The UK Gambling Commission has published the 6th edition of the Industry Code for Socially Responsible Advertising in Gambling which comes into force from 1 October 2020.
We understand that there are many compliance requirements that you, the affiliate, need to adhere to. We respectfully ask that you review this email together with this PDF download. This code applies to all affiliates without exception and it is, in fact, the first time that affiliates are specifically mentioned.With the above in mind please ensure you have reviewed the attached code and, more specifically, note the following:
- Twitch will remain prohibited if targeting (or deemed targeting) UK players.
- YouTube affiliates are approved on an exception basis only and are required to continue age-gating. If you wish to start using YouTube as a promotional source, please reach out to your affiliate manager first for prior approval.
- The 6th edition of the Industry Code requires all affiliates to share safer gambling content on a regular basis This will not need to be pre-approved by the Dream Team but we remind you to be cautious around promoting safer gambling with a casino brand/offer (safer gambling content needs to remain strictly separate).
- Mark your offers or advertisements as “ad”, “#ad” or “advertisement”, or similar, if you think a consumer would not understand that you’re advertising an offer. For example, this isn’t needed on a gambling affiliate website but it might be required on an email that you’re sending out (please note that all mailers promoting our brands need to be sent to us for approval first).
- Free-to-play games are prohibited. The only exception is if you have a proven age-verification supplier (asking a visitor to confirm that they are over 18 is not viable). Please find the guidelines on this here.
We thank you for your continued support and cooperation - teamwork makes the dream work!
Should you have any queries or if anything is unclear, please feel free to contact us.
The Dream Team
Made with ♡ by The Dream Team
Copyright © Dream Team Affiliates 2020
This is a transactional newsletter, we cannot unsubscribe you from these newsletters