PAYMENTS MANAGER | RISK AND FRAUD
Payments continues to be one of the most vital departments for our organisation. One of the primary objectives for the team is to translate complex processes related to on-boarding, KYC, deposits, and withdrawals into seamless and secure processes for our business.
- Mid level
- Gambling & Casinos
- Increase client value
- De-risk finance concerns
- Build effective payment system utilisation
- Johannesburg, South Africa (Hybrid working environment)
- Analytical and data driven
- Planning and organisational skills
- Strong management skills
Education & Experience
- Degree in finance
- 2 years of financial services experience, with a focus on Compliance
- 2 years of proven experience leading and developing successful teams
- Experience in the iGaming, insurance and financial services industry (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience supporting management of vendor services when utilised for review functions
Due to the continued rapid expansion and growth journey of our extremely strong and well-established organisation, we are looking to fill the vacancy of the Payments Manager, to ensure that our customers (i.e. players and affiliates) receive payments in the most efficient times possible.
Purpose of Job:
The Payments Manager will primarily be responsible for the oversight and the authorising of Customer withdrawals (on a daily basis) and Affiliate commission payments (on a monthly basis). The applicant will additionally ensure that a roadmap exists, to ensure the best payment solutions are made available for different jurisdictions. They oversee the end-to-end implementation of payment systems and process enhancements. Performing testing and quality assurance of newly added payment methods, will need to be assessed regularly. Reviews on past integrations, to ascertain that all payment processes are operating to the expected outcomes, will need to be undertaken, during the operationalisation of the role. Opportunities for greater success and optimisation in the Affiliate commission payments is a monthly focus, needing to be accompanied by the customary reporting.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Monitoring the day-to-day and monthly payments processes of the Payments Team.
- Manage balances, settlements and maintains a good relationship with Casino Finance Manager.
- Prepares the monthly payment analysis for Customer withdrawal and Affiliate commission payments, across all methods, jurisdictions and currencies.
- Manages the customer withdrawal payment communication journey.
- Maintains and prepares accounting internal controls.
- Ensures on time monthly payments of Affiliate Commissions.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities. The job holder may be required to complete any other reasonable duties to achieve business objectives.
- Agile thinker with a knack for numbers and data
- Upholds standards
- Knowledge of online payments processing cycles
- Familiarisation with various online payment methods and products
- Experience of compliance EDD, KYC, and AML regulations within the iGaming industry
- Meticulous and ability to work accurately under pressure
- An understanding of legislation and regulations in fraud and risk mitigation
- Excellent analytical skills to detect fraudulent activities
- Knowledge of casino products
- Meeting deadlines and due dates comes naturally
- Tertiary/Management Qualification
- Previous experience managing an international Payments Team
- Enthusiasm for learning and self-improvement
- Aptitude for fostering positive relationships
- Great organisational and time-management abilities
- Strategic thinker with an analytic mind and a problem-solving attitude
Reporting and interaction:
- Managerially Accountable to: Head of Product Operations
- Key Internal Relationships: Operations Team, Affiliate Marketing Team, Retentions Team, Business Intelligence Team
- Key External Relationships: Compliance, Legal