ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING (AML) MANAGER | RISK AND FRAUD
The AML Manager will primarily be responsible for the development and monitoring implementation of business risk and compliance frameworks.
- Mid level
- Gambling & Casinos
- Risk and Fraud
- Increase client value
- De-risk AML concerns
- Build effective risk system utilization
- Johannesburg, South Africa (Hybrid working environment)
- Analytical and data driven
- Planning and organisational skills
- Strong management skills
Education & Experience
- Degree in law
- Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) will be an added advantage
- 4 years of financial services experience, with a focus on Compliance
- 3 years of proven experience leading and developing successful teams
- Experience in the iGaming, insurance and financial services industry (preferred)
- Experience supporting the tracking and ensuring implementation of risk lessons learned on a business wide basis
- Demonstrated experience supporting management of vendor services when utilised for review functions
- Experience with AML surveillance and case management software desired.
Due to the rapid expansion and growth of our organisation, we are looking to fill the vacancy of AML Manager to help cement our Fraud and Risk Department.
Purpose of Job:
The AML Manager will primarily be responsible for the development and monitoring implementation of business risk and compliance frameworks. The applicant will additionally provide assurance on industry and regulatory compliance programs, aligned with the prevailing legislative environment governing the financial sector in online Casinos.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Assess, review, suggest changes, implement and enable the AML Risk Assessment model of the organisation. Ensure AML SelfAssessments are conducted to support these
- Formulate Standard OperatingAML/CFT Procedures and Perform reviews of the AML/CFT Policy. Submit recommendations for change of both to the Head of Product Operations
- Maintain, enhance and facilitate the execution of the AML Risk Assessment and Control Self-Assessment Methodology globally
- Lead, enhance and develop team members capability around risk and compliance processes across Global AML processes and activities
- Train team members on compliance policies and legislation, including the drafting of training material
- Work in partnership with the wider Risk, IT, Compliance teams and vendors to scope, define, analyse, estimate, budget and oversee small to medium scale projects (including infrastructure, data, systems and business process) from start to finish
- Manage a team responsible forgathering and documenting system requirements, testing applications and user support
- Work as part of a team responsible for oversight of all aspects of AML/CTF & Sanctions compliance obligations
- Provide evidence to and obtain milestone sign-off from Head of Product Operations during projects and risk evaluations
- Assemble dashboards for up-to-date risk monitoring
- Compile business Risk reviews and present these at stakeholder meetings
- Lead or assist on audit engagements covering risk assessments, Alert and Case Investigations,Suspicious Activity Reporting, Sanctions and Anti-Corruption
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities. The job holder may be required to complete any other reasonable duties to achieve business objectives.
- Upholding standards
- Stakeholder influence and management
- Cross-functional team collaboration
- Meticulous and ability to work accurately under pressure
- Ability to apply self-confidence and self-regulation
- Trustworthiness and conscientiousness by taking responsibility for personal performance
- Loyalty toward the organisation
- Commitment by aligning with organisational goals
- Controlled decision making process
- Communication skills by remaining professional and applying effective communication in all areas.
- Be able to work accurately and effectively in a pressurised environment.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of compliance risk management and monitoring programs.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of the regulatory requirements impacting on the various businesses(e.g. GDPR, FIAU)
- Tertiary/ Management Qualification
- Previous experience Microsoft Teams & SharePoint
- Ability to learn and adapt.
- Enthusiasm for learning and self-improvement.
- Proactive and resourceful and takes initiative.
- Accountability and a team player.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Flexibility relating to work dealings and assisting when required
Reporting and interaction:
- Managerially Accountable to: Head of Product Operations
- Key Internal Relationships: Operations Team, Affiliate Marketing Team, Retentions Team, Business Intelligence Team
- Key External Relationships: Compliance, Legal